URBAN GREEN provides satellite-based services for cities and municipalities as decision-making support for the sustainable maintenance and climate-resilient planning of urban green and blue spaces. The following services have been technically defined and their economic viability assessed in a feasibility study funded by ESA:
– Irrigation and fertilisation support for green spaces and street trees
– Water monitoring to control fresh water supply and algae mowing
– Monitoring of vegetation condition and ecological stability of urban green structures
– Degree of shading of playgrounds and sports fields
– Identification of heat islands and fresh air corridors in urban settlement areas
This project was funded by the European Space Agency (ESA). For more information please visit AERIUS-EO at ESA.
Interested? Want to know more? Contact us, we are looking forward to your message.